2 out of 10
Don’t get me wrong, online shopping has a lot of benefits and has been an absolute god send during lockdown. BUT… I bloody HATE IT!
Here are a few reasons why online shopping is the worst:
(Do I sound like an old woman? I’m 27 and already getting a bit worried that technology is getting way too ahead of me, and I can’t keep up. That’s a post for another time.)
- I am not good at visualising a product when given the numerical measurements. Like when I’m watching House Hunters and they say something like, “it’s 200 square metres”… I have no clue if that’s good or not. I fear that I’m going to be trapped by one of those scams where you buy a saucepan, and it turns out it is a saucepan made for a dolls house.
- The only thing worse than jeans shopping is online jeans shopping. It’s really just a gamble.
- Why are there so many different shoe sizing metrics?!?! Nike?? Please explain! I just want a white pair of runners… Is that too much to ask? I’m up to my 3rd attempt to purchase a pair.
- I live in an apartment block with the letter boxes on the outside, so if I miss a package that I am not tracking within an inch of its life… bye bye package. I once went to pick up a package and the guy said, “you’ve got 2 more parcels here waiting for you if you want”. AND THEN I looked like a complete loser walking down a major road in Sydney trying to carry these three boxes that were too big for me.
- I hate when the company says, “we make returning items simple… just print off this label and take it to the post office”. Firstly, who has a printer these days. Secondly, I JUST CAME FROM THE POST OFFICE I DON’T WANT TO GO BACK!
I know that in the scheme of things this is a very, very minor problem, if a problem at all. But please take this as the silly tongue-in-cheek blog post it is intended to be.